There are many different beaches near the villa. The closest organised sandy beaches are Episkopi Beach and Rethymno Beach. Of course there are some beaches that are closer to the villa however they are unorganised beaches.
- Rethymno Beach (7 km): Is located 500m east of the city centre and it is a beach with golden sand and crystal clear shallow water, very well organized and close to all amenities of the city. It offers numerous beach bars, restaurants and cafes that offer umbrellas with sun beds, showers and changing rooms. Additionally on Rethymno’s beach you may find water sports facilities. Furthermore, there is a boardwalk which is ideal for afternoon walks by the sea, or simply shopping or dining.
- Episkopi beach (8.5 km): Is located 500m east of the city centre and it is a beach with golden sand and crystal clear shallow water, very well organized and close to all amenities of the city. It offers numerous beach bars, restaurants and cafes that offer umbrellas with sun beds, showers and changing rooms.
- Georgiopouli beach (17 km): Is a long sandy beach with many beach bars or restaurants located there. It is well organised beach strip providing sun beds, umbrellas, changing rooms and showers. Of course you can certainly find a quiet spot in an unorganised section of the beach as it runs 3.5 kilometres long.
- Ammoudaki (35 km): The turquoise waters and spectacular white coarse sand, make this small beach popular destination for nudists. Moreover, on the beach there is a small canteen, which also provides umbrellas and sun beds. At the west side of the beach, you can swim till a marine cave, where the sun rays make the color of the water vivid blue. The seabed is sandy and you can walk there. At the other end, there is an under water hole that connects Ammoudaki with Klisidi. So you can get from one beach to another only with a dive. To reach the beaches of Ammoudi on foot, you can walk east of Damnoni, till you meet Ammoudaki.
- Damnoni beach (35 km): Here you will find all the services of a well organized beach such as umbrellas, snack bars, showers, changing rooms, water sports, scuba diving centre, great hotels, restaurants, one horse riding centre etc. The west end of the beach, the most organized part, has a small river with water almost all year round. The east end of the beach is quieter and is linked with the adjacent beaches of Ammoudakii via a short dirt road. Moreover, beyond the west end of the beach there are several small coves with sand and rocks, where you can get isolated. These are located just next to the small harbor of the area.
Furthermore, On the South coast of the island you can also discover some of Crete’s most amazing natural beaches such as “Schinaria”, “Triopetra”, “Agios Pavlos” and "Preveli". The distance to the South coast from the villa is about 40 minutes by car and all the above beaches are located near to Plakias village where you can find shops and many taverns.
Book safely from the official Property Manager: